St. Nicholas Croatian Catholic Church is the home of Maxo Vanka’s Millvale Masterpiece.
The church was the first Croatian Church established in America in 1894. Bishop Richard Phelan of the Diocese of Pittsburgh was receptive to the idea of building a new church for the growing number of Croatians. The place selected as most convenient by Fr. Franjo Flojnaric, pastor, was Bennett Hill in Millvale. The first mass took place in 1900.
24 Maryland AVe, Pittsburgh, PA 15209
ALBUQUERQUE LITTLE THEATRE
Limited onsite parking is available.
Mural viewing is only available through the Society to Preserve the Millvale Murals of Maxo Vanka (www.vankamurals.org).
Admission is $10 per person for a docent-led tour of the Vanka Murals.
For information about a tour of the Shrines of Pittsburgh: https://pghshrines.org/